Sunday, August 9, 2009

Robin, Ridley, and the Reids

Ridley's Uncle Robin (my brother) is in town visiting from Washington DC, so a whole group of family from my mom's side of the family got together on Saturday. We went to my uncle's house in Dennison, MN, which is near Northfield. Robin and I ended up taking a bit of a scenic drive through some corn and soybean fields since the google maps on my phone thought that would be the quickest way to go...


In addition to my uncle, aunt and cousin Sam, my grandparents, and my mom and her husband were there too! Ridley had not seen his great-grandma and great-grandpa Reid since April, so he was sooo much bigger!


My uncle not only is a fantastic cook, but he and his wife both work for food coops and they raise their own chickens, so we had an amazing lunch (including deviled eggs made from eggs from their chickens!).



My grandma brought a quilt for Robin that she had made. She's been working on it for a while, and it's turned out absolutely amazing. You can't see much of it in the picture below, and even so, a picture wouldn't do it justice. Beautiful work, Grandma!! (And Grandpa, who helped cut fabric pieces too!)


It was good to see everyone, and we are excited to see them all again in a month for our cousin Joey's wedding!!

No comments: