Thursday, December 18, 2008

Shoes!



Ridley wore shoes for the first time today! (see picture above) The shoes are just a little big, but since he isn't walking, it doesn't bother him, and we think they're awfully cute. And hopefully they keep his feet a little warmer than just his socks. 

We went to my doctor for our six-week post-partum check today. All looks good and I am officially released to go back to work on January 5. I am absolutely not looking forward to it, but I am glad that Josh and my schedules are different enough that Ridley will be able to spend the majority of his days and time with his mom and dad instead of in a day care. 

It's hard to believe that Christmas is only a week away from today! Josh and I have been getting the last (ok, the majority) of our Christmas shopping done in the past two days. Ridley will be a busy boy over the holidays - we'll be at his Great-Grandma Holland's on Christmas Eve before going to my dad's for dinner - Robin will be home from DC! And we'll be able to spend time with both Josh's family and my dad's family on Christmas Day too. My mom will be headed out to MN early the following week so we can celebrate with her, my stepfather and her side of the family then. 

Ridley has recently become a big fan of his bouncy chair. It has three small stuffed animals that hang over his head for him to stare at: an elephant, an alligator and a zebra. He loves the elephant. It has a squeaker inside (like the kind in dog toys) and he smiles when we make it squeak. Sometimes he sits and stares at it very intently, and other times he smiles at it and "talks" to it. It's really cute. 


No comments: