Thursday, April 23, 2009

Zoo Zoo Zoo

ZOO!!!!!
(a story by Ridley)


Last Saturday Grandpa Jeff came over in the morning to pick up me and mommy so we could go to the zoo! I slept in the car on the way there so I would be wide awake to see all the animals. We got there right after it opened. Mommy wanted to go early so it wouldn't be busy. 

We started out in the Tropical Trail. It was nice and warm in there and there were lots of plants and birds saying "chirp chirp." I didn't know what to think at first, but pretty soon I was smiling and happy and having SO MUCH FUN! There were turtles and fishes and komodo dragons and lots of other animals. Mommy's favorite animal was the armadillo but I liked watching the fishies the best. There was even a shark!




After we finished on the Tropics Trail we all went to the Minnesota Trail. Mommy told me it was animals that live in Minnesota. They were pretty cool. They had cats there but not little ones like Gilmour and Tweak. Their cats were big. They also had coyotes and wolves and Grandpa Jeff had fun taking pictures of them. 


Then we went to the underwater area and it was SO COOL. There were so many fishes and I saw a big sting ray and dolphins and more sharks!! 


Those were all the inside exhibits and it was a little too chilly for me to go outside and walk around, so mommy and Grandpa Jeff and I all went on the monorail so we could see some of the outside animals. We saw prairie dogs and turkeys and little horses and tigers and turkeys and a bunch of other animals too! We even saw a moose! And there was a big empty area that they said will be their Africa exhibit this summer. It will have zebras and giraffes and wildebeasts and antelopes! Mommy and I are both excited because we like giraffes and zebras. I really like zebras because of their cool stripes!


When we got done with the monorail the zoo had gotten really busy, so we got ready to go home. But we stoped in the gift shop on the way out and Grandpa Jeff played with the puppets. He's pretty funny sometimes.


After we left the zoo I took a really really long nap. I am excited to go back to the zoo again on a really nice day so we can see the outside animals too!

No comments: