Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oh, Sleepy Sundays

Gilmour, Tweak and I all thought the best way to deal with the snow
flurries this afternoon was to deny their existence and sleep through
them.

We have five more days to go until our due date, and at least for me,
it hasn't really set in how close that is. We're both really excited
to meet this little one though! The baby's bedroom is all set up and I
have two bags packed and ready to go to the hospital (one for Josh and
I, the other for the baby). I installed one of our carseat bases in my
car already and it'll only take a few minutes to install the second
base into Josh's backseat. Our cats are now (mostly) trained to stay
off all baby furniture, though they do like to test us sometimes on
the pack and play. There's a little hippopotomus toy hanging on the
canopy that Tweak likes to steal. But I'm quick with the squirt
bottle, and they know what they're doing is wrong (kittens make very
cute guilty faces).

Everything is ready - just a few more days to go!!

I did wake up this morning feeling congested and achy. The aches are
at least somewhat pregnancy related, but I really hope I'm not getting
a cold. I need the little energy I have these days to deliver a baby!!
Looks like the couch and I will sharing even more time together....

I do only have to work half days now though, so that is really nice.
My last full day was Wednesday, and I felt so much better being able
to come home and rest Thursday and Friday. Yeah, it's getting boring
spending so much time off my feet, but the difference in how I feel is
so huge that it makes the boredom completely worthwhile.

Josh and I did take advantage of our joint afternoon off on Thursday
to go see "Body of Lies" starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe.
We both really enjoyed it (and highly recommend it).

No comments: