Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Growth Spurt

Getting through my first week back at work was not as difficult as I had worried it might be. Though I missed my little guy like crazy, it was nice having a more routine schedule. Cross-training kept me busy at work, and since I'm training in an area that has a high case volume, I should be staying busy for a while now. I don't mind it - it helps the time pass quickly. 

It was actually harder to deal with the practical aspects of going back to work than the emotional ones. I was prepared to deal with missing Ridley; I didn't think about the fact that suddenly I would only have a few hours to do the things I had grown accustomed to having all day to do. Dishes, showering, eating, and cleaning were manageable tasks while I was on leave. It's a lot harder to get it all done in a few hours after work. 


Our other obstacle last week was that Ridley hit a growth spurt. At the time, we were unsure if it was a growth spurt or if he was feeling unwell: he spent Thursday doing pretty much nothing other than sleeping and eating and being crabby in between. This weekend, Josh and I both noticed a distinct change in the way his diapers and clothes fit, though. I'm realizing that he'll be growing out of his 0-3 month clothes within the next few weeks. (Of course that makes sense since he'll be 3 months at the beginning of February and ready to try out his new 3-6 month clothes!

Ridley's strength is growing along with his size. His head and neck control is amazing, and he nearly rolled from back to front yesterday! And it wasn't the first time he'd tried. 


After being back at work for the week, I really appreciated the weekend! 

We spent Saturday afternoon at Como Conservatory with my dad, Diane and Char. It was wonderful and warm!


No comments: