Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, and Back to Work I Go

Well, maternity leave is over, and I don't think nine weeks have ever gone by so quickly! I loved being home with Ridley and the cats, and was pretty anxious about going back to work. But after two days of being back, I'm feeling a lot better. It's nice having a routine, and it's good to see a lot of my co-workers again. I'm also getting cross-trained in another area of our department, so I have something new to learn, which I like. 

The weekend before going back to work, Ridley and I spent some time out in Stillwater on Saturday afternoon. I wanted to see Robin again before he headed back to DC, and we also wanted to visit Diane, who is home recovering from hand surgery. We figured a visit from her favorite little guy would help her feel better! Jeff and Diane recently got a cat, so we got to meet Lola for the first time. She makes Gilmour and Tweak look enormous. 


On Sunday, Josh and I were going to see the CSI exhibit at the Science Museum, but it was all sold out, so we ended up coming back to our place to play some board games and Mario Kart Wii instead. 

I am not a video game person, but I really enjoy having a Wii. And I love Mario Kart, which I did not expect. It's just so much fun!


In addition to Monday being my first day back at work, it was also Ridley's two month birthday. He's getting so big and it's so amazing to watch him grow and discover new things. The other day he was playing in the bouncy chair (his favorite thing ever), and he started trying to roll over. He wasn't successful, but it was so fascinating to watch him try to coordinate all his little muscles together. 


1 comment:

Diane Cutler said...

A smile from Ridley is the best medicine. You’re right I did feel so much better when I saw him that day. We were all sad to see Robin heading back to his life in Bethesda, but I’m happy we were all able to spend the holidays together. Thanks for everything.
Diane
(aka, Nana)