Saturday, May 9, 2009

Katie Getting Married

Last weekend, my friend Katie got married, and I was one of her personal attendants. Katie and I have been friends since she was in first grade and I was in second and her family moved in across the street from our house in Stillwater. When we were in high school we thought it was so cool that we'd been friends for 10 years... now its been nearly 20!

Thursday night we had a pre-wedding girl's night with Katie's mom, sister, sister-in-law, and sister-in-law-to-be. We all went and got our nails done together and then went out to dinner at The Good Earth, which was delicious! It was wonderful to see Katie's sister-in-law, who I have also known for many years. She now lives in Michigan. She has two adorable little girls - one is just over two, and the other is about seven weeks older than Ridley. It was also wonderful to spend time with Katie's mom and sister, and to meet Drew's sister as well. 

It was also the first time since Ridley was born that I've hung out with any of my friends without bringing him along. He and daddy had a good night while I was out, so maybe I'll get to do this again sometime!

On Friday, I left work early to pick Ridley up and head to the rehearsal... which we never made it to thanks to a series of minor unfortunate events that together formed an hour-long delay. Bu no matter, it wasn't necessary for us to be there anyway, so we just continued on our merry way straight to the groom's dinner, which was held at the Arboretum. I've always been curious about seeing the Arboretum, but it's a pretty decent drive from St. Paul, so I was excited to go there. We didn't end up seeing much of the Arboretum, but what we did see looked amazing and we are hoping to go back sometime to explore. 

We had a great tim at the rehearsal dinner - Ridley behaved beautifully! He had a lot of fun playing with the McMullens (and their spouses!). And since Ridley was having so much fun with other people, I actually got to eat a decent meal!


The next morning I was up really early to go pick up Katie and bring her to the church. I managed to be up, awake, and at Katie's place by 7:30, which is especially impressive since she lives in Mineapolis and I usually get lost the moment I step foot (or tire) into the city limits. But we got to the church right on schedule, I did a swift, but lovely makeup job for the bride, then we got her all zipped up in her dress, veil on her head and sent her off to take pictures! She was absolutely beautiful and glowing :)

Then I spen the next couple hours running around makingsure everything was ready to go for Katie, touching up her lipstick, which she kept shamelessly kissing off in pictures ;), and getting dressed myself. My dad and Diane picked up Ridley on their way to the church, so once he got there I fed him and got him dressed in his super cute cords, polo shirt and vest. We got done just in time for the ceremony. 




Ridley was very well behaved and made it through the whole ceremony! I was so proud of my little guy! He sat on Grandpa Jeff's lap most of the time, although I think Nana held him some too. The reception was fun, and the food was delicious, as was the cake :D

As soon as the reception was done,  Katie and Drew changed into their travel clothes and then ran out to their "getaway" car outside the church while everyone blew bubbles as they passed by. It was one of my favorite things I've seen done at a wedding. I don't have a lot of pictures because I was so busy, but I am excited to see more from the photographer, and I think Diane has some too.



Congratulations Katie and Drew! I coudn't be happier for you guys!

No comments: