Tuesday, September 9, 2008

You say goodbye [summer], I say hello [fall]

The baby and I had our 32-week check in with our doctor yesterday. I managed to gain five pounds in the last two weeks, and unfortunately I don't think I can attribute much of that to the little one (although I'm sure I can blame at least half of it on the enormous Lake Elmo Inn brunch I had with my Cutler family over Labor Day weekend).

Mostly things looked good all around, but my uterus is measuring a little smaller than it should be at this point, so at our next appointment my doctor is going to do an ultrasound to check on the little one and make sure all is well. She said it's most likely that we just have a slightly smaller than average baby (which I am ok with!), but it's better for us to just double check on everything. So two weeks from today (Sept. 23), we will get a third chance to see the our little one via ultrasound. And no, we still will not be finding out if it's a boy or a girl, so you all can wait another eight weeks to find out too!

Just think, within a few days of each other (or the same exact day if my prediction is true), you'll not only get to find out if our baby is a boy or a girl, but you'll also find out who the next President of the United States is!! (I think the former is more exciting, although the latter probably will have better press coverage.)

My doctor also told me that it's time for me to start to slow down a bit more and try to take it easy. She also told me to get more sleep and not to feel guilty about watching an extra movie or two. My hips and back are starting to become more painful, especially when I haven't made sure to get enough rest the previous day. So, anyone who's interested in some TV/Movie marathons, let me know (especially if you want to sit and watch The West Wing and cross stitch - you know who you are, Stacey). If anyone wants to go for a brisk jog, enjoy yourself. I'll be curled under a blanket with a cup of apple cider watching TV with my kitties.

No comments: