Thursday, September 25, 2008

Stick to the Status Quo

Our ultrasound on Tuesday went very well! Our little one is in the 
48th percentile for size, so little Webby is actually just slightly 
above average. They estimate the current weight to be 5 pounds, 7 
ounces, which is exactly what it should be at 34 weeks!

Webby definitely looks like a baby now - we could see little chubby 
cheeks and little baby fists punching around.

To get the right angles to measure the baby via ultrasound, I had to 
lie on my back, which causes the baby to rest on my major blood veins, 
reducing circulation to important parts of my body. So I nearly passed 
out during the ultrasound, but the doctor had me roll onto my side and 
got me some juice and I felt better.

She did notice that my amniotic fluid levels were slightly above 
normal, so we are having another ultrasound on October 6 to just 
follow-up and check in on everything.

Starting the week of Oct 6, we will be at the doctor's office on a 
weekly basis until the baby is here. It's getting so close!

And for those of you wondering, no we still do not know if Webby is a 
boy or a girl. Even our doctor doesn't know :)

No comments: