Monday, September 1, 2008

Two months..

We've gone from counting down from nine months to counting down from nine weeks. Our due date is exactly two months from today and we are ever more excited! 

August was a busy month with multiple doctor's appointments, the end of childbirth prep classes, visits from out of town family and friends, not to mention our usual work schedules. I can't believe the summer passed so quickly, but I'm looking forward to fall. I am definitely ready for less heat and humidity - I know Josh is too. And after today, the State Fair traffic/parking will be out of our neighborhood!

I spent a good portion of Thursday morning at work reviewing the company's policies on maternity leave and talking to our HR generalist to get details figured out. My last day at work will be Oct. 31 - Happy Halloween to me!! The bank gives eight weeks of maternity leave from the baby's birthdate, so I'll be on leave through the holiday season, which will be nice - I may even take an extra week of leave to get through the new year, if necessary (they'll pull from sick and vacation time). I'll also only be working half days the final week of October and taking several other half days or vacation days in the meantime. I have to use my remaining vacation before I go on leave or else I lose it at the end of the year. But I am definitely ok with some extra time off!

Our remaining weekends and evenings are starting to fill rapidly - in two weeks Punch will be opening their new restaurant on Grand Ave, so we're looking forward to going to the opening celebration of that. We have many family and friends with birthdays - Vickie's good friends Lara and Leann, Vickie's dad (Jeff), Vickie's brother (Robin), Josh, and Josh's friend Jake. We'll have doctor's appointments every other week of September and every week of October. 

Then once November hits it'll just be a waiting game. We do have two family birthdays in early November that the baby could potentially share a birthday with - Vickie's step-sister Char on Nov 6 and Vickie's mom on Nov 11. Then there's a relatively minor political event on Nov 4... 

I'll try to update more frequently in the coming months as there should be more to report :)

No comments: